Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Preserve Chives



I have had fresh chives growing in my garden for about 3 years. This year I decided that I was going to use them and preserve them so that we will have chives all year. There is a lot of chives in my garden so I will have no need to buy them at all.


Freeze Chives: 

1.Wash your chives and cut in small pieces. Allow to dry.
2. Put in bags and freeze. 
When you need some chives, take out your desired amount. 


Dry Chives: 

1. Hand stems upside down until dry.
2. Cut into small pieces and place in an airtight jar.

Sun Dried Chives:

1. Chop stems into small pieces.
2. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Spread chives evenly across paper.
3. Dry in the sun for about 6 hours, Store in an airtight jar,

Freeze Dried Chives:

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Spread chopped chives evenly on paper.
2. Place in freezer for 30 minutes,
3. Remove from freezer and store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment