Friday, May 29, 2015

Easy Butterfly Feeders

Butterfly Feeders Step-by-step instructions

Last year we planted a butterfly garden with butterfly houses. I wanted to attract more butterflies to our backyard so I decided to make some easy butterfly feeders. I had all the supplies needed at home so for me it was free. If you need to purchase sponges, the ones I used came from Dollarama.

We have been spending most of our days in our backyard lately and I am trying to make a natural place for my boys to play. There is so much to be learned from nature. When we moved into our house, our backyard was a blank slate of grass and I have been working at creating the perfect flower garden that is unique, beautiful, natural  and an enjoyable area.

Step-By-Step Instructions To Your Easy Butterfly Feeder
 
Step 1
Butterfly feeders step-by-step instructions

Mix Water and Sugar together to form a syrupy liquid. Butterflies love this sweet taste. Don't  worry about exact measurements just add sugar to water until syrupy.
 
Step 2
Butterfly Feeders step-by-step instructions
 
Cut your sponge in quarters by cutting in half (the long way) and then in half again.
 
Step 3
ButterflyFeeders step-by-step instructions
 
Poke a hole to add a string for hanging. Coat the sponge well with syrup. Press into the syrup so sponge is full. Hold over dish to catch any drips.
 
Step 4
Butterfly Feeders step-by-step-instructions
 
Hang your butterfly feeders. I choose to hang mine on the bottom of my butterfly houses.
 
Enjoy watching the butterflies use their long tongues to eat from these feeders.

This post is part of Friday Outdoor Projects and Activities. Check Back Weekly for New Posts.
http://adventuresofallergymom.blogspot.ca/p/outdoor-activities-and-projects.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment